Action achieves sales growth of 32% and accelerates international expansion
Strong growth in operating EBITDA of 36%.
- Net sales grew to EUR 1,995 million in 2015, an increase of 32% compared to 2014 (2014: EUR 1,506 million).
- Like-for-like sales growth of 7.6% in 2015 (2014: 7.2%).
- Strong growth in operating EBITDA to EUR 226 million in 2015. This is 36% higher than in 2014 (2014: EUR 166 million).
- Cash flow from operations increased by 47% to EUR 225 million (2014: EUR 153 million).
- Net store expansion of 141 new stores. Particularly strong expansion in France, where the number of stores more than doubled. Following the opening of our first stores in Luxembourg and Austria, Action ended 2015 with 655 stores in six countries.
- Average number of store visitors increased to 5 million weekly in Q4. This was achieved by attracting new customers and
- through an increased store visit frequency of existing customers.
- Voted as Retailer of the Year Europe for the second consecutive year by consumers.
- Sander van der Laan and Frederik Lotz appointed, as CEO and CFO, respectively.
1. Based on 52 weeks. Action reports in thirteen periods of 4 weeks. Every 5 to 6 years this leads to a year with 53 trading weeks. This was the case in 2015.
2. Calculated on stores open for more than 12 months.
3. Operating result (earnings) before interest, tax, depreciation, amortisation and extraordinary items.